A woman who works with her hands is a laborer;

A woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftsperson;

A woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an....

Artist.


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Work In Progress

After yesterday's whine fest . . .
We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.
And just in case you were wondering -
although many of the looming questions I am dealing with have not been answered,
I am feeling much better today.
I am back to feeling strong (sort of) and believing that I will make it!
So, it's all good.
 
And now to the real purpose of today's post -
here is a sneak peek of a work in progress.
 
Last Christmas, I had a table set up at a local business for a Holiday sale.
A lady bought a small piece.
OK - that's great.
And that is all there is to that story . . .
 
until -
about a month ago.
I received a phone call.
The lady on the other end told me about purchasing the small piece at the holiday sale.
She was remodeling and expanding her family restaurant.
Would I be interested in doing a painting for the restaurant?
Of course!
 
We made an appointment for me to drive to the restaurant and see the space.
I was somewhat unclear as to what she was wanting -
but was excited to work on a new order.
 
I arrived at Chennai Masala in Hillsboro, Oregon.
They were undergoing a major remodel and expansion.
I looked at around at the colors and the space.
When we spoke - she let me know that she was looking for 12 paintings.
12!
This was a much bigger job that I thought.
12- 3 ft x 3 ft paintings to hang above each of the tables.
And the other catch?
They all needed to incorporate traditional East Indian motifs with my own personal spin on them.
And lots of bright colors!
OK then -
 
This is a big project.
And if you paint at all - you know how long it can take to complete a 3 ft x 3 ft painting.
So the pictures you are seeing are definitely a "work in progress".
Detailing is still needed -
but this will give you an idea of where this project is headed.
And maybe, when these are delivered -
I can treat myself to some chicken tika masala and some warm naan.
 
 
Soon to be a brightly embellished peacock

Cool flower design

leaf motif
 
Stay tuned - I will post more pictures as this project advances - including some of the finished designs with all of the detailing.

Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Oh these are amazing!!! I love them...I would enjoy those in any restaurant!! Impressive my dear!! Love them! Can't wait to see the rest!!

    Big hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete