A woman who works with her hands is a laborer;

A woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftsperson;

A woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an....

Artist.


Thursday, October 11, 2012

FALL

FALL.
AUTUMN.
Colors are more intense.
Mornings are darker.
It's darker earlier in the evening.
Days are still warm but . . .different.
Air is crisp.
It takes a bit longer to be ready to shed the sweatshirt.
I find myself wanting to cocoon in a little longer.



I'm sad to see you go summer.
I didn't get nearly enough days to lie and around and do nothing.
But then . . . I never do.
But Fall - I am happy to welcome you in.
I have missed you.
I am looking forward to breaking out the sweaters.
I am looking forward to warm comfort foods . . .
soups, slow cooked meals.
I am looking forward to lighting candles.
Drinking hot tea.
Thick comforters.
Thick socks.
 
OK - I think I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment