A woman who works with her hands is a laborer;

A woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftsperson;

A woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an....

Artist.


Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TOES!!!

When I'm not working my 8-5 job, painting in the studio, getting ready for a sale, filling an order, fixing dinner, cleaning up a mess, taxiing around one of my kids or . . . .???, I find moments of comic relief watching my grandson. This little man is growing so fast and really beginning to explore the world around him.



Would you like to meet his new "best friend"? His toes! It has been so much fun watching him discover these cute little piggies. He grabs his foot, works it into his mouth and spends a moment chewing on them. Then he looses his grip and gives you a big, slobbery smile.



Life is crazy busy. And I love having this little man to help me settle my thoughts and remind me to slow down and enjoy these moments. It really is true what they say . . .the reward for being a parent is becoming a grandparent. I find myself much more willing to forget about the "have tos" when I am in his presence than when I was a mother. I guess I have a better understanding of just how short and precious these moments are and I don't want to miss a single one.



Thanks Cameron for letting be apart of your grand discovery! I can't wait until you are old enough to come play in the studio with me.



Then again - yes I can. It will be here before I know it!





1 comment:

  1. yes, he'll be "helping" before you know it! And you'll love every minute

    ReplyDelete