A woman who works with her hands is a laborer;

A woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftsperson;

A woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an....

Artist.


Thursday, September 11, 2008

This Chair is Done . . .

Here is an image of the finished lawyer style chair. It is covered with all kinds of texture and embellishements. The little extras really made it pop!







Here is a close-up image of the seat . . .full of inspirational and uplifting thoughts.






And the back - if you could run your hand over this you could feel all of the texture! I think my friend is going to be pleased when she see this pulled up to the desk of her home office.



Next, I am going to be working on a chair for a co-worker. It's going to be a tribute to his dad. I'll also be starting on a wooden rocking chair for a local teacher. I can't wait to get started on these this weekend.



This mixed-media painting was created by my sweet daughter for her best friends birthday. She started with a blank canvas and layered in a variety of blues and greens. It has the feel of a clear ocean. Then she layered on a black and white clippling of s yoga pose, layers of oil pastels and then some dimensional elements to add some texture. Some clippings of quotes and some words finished it off. I think it turned out pretty great. I love to see my kids trying out their creativity. It's a habit they will be able to use for the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment