A woman who works with her hands is a laborer;

A woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftsperson;

A woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an....

Artist.


Monday, September 8, 2008

A Chair For Teri . . .

I am currently working on a chair for my friend Teri. She asked me for a chair for her home office and has been incredibly patient while I searched for the perfect one. I eventually found a wonderful solid wood "lawyer" style chair with a removeable swivel seat. This was a first. Generally, if I find this style of chair, it is unaffordable. I located this one at a garage sale of a young couple who were moving. When he heard I was going to paint it, he almost took it back. Good thing I'd already paid him for it when I told him my plan.


This view shows the base pattern on the seat . . .it still needs all of it's little details that will make it pop!

Here is the base with a few base colors laid in. It still has lots of doodles and dazzles to go before it is finished. It's a good thing I can seperate the pieces like this. When this chair is together, it weighs more than some tables I have worked on. When I bought it, I had to move it to my car in two pieces. This chair is solid and will last for years to come.



Here's an overall view of the main part of the chair - notice the metal rod in the bottom - it fits into the base above. It let will let Teri adjust the height of the chair and swivel. If she needs to smile, she can spin herself until she is dizzy.

The chair has a base color of black with layers and layers of bright happy colors that make me smile. Positive statements adorn the arms and seat. Teri - this should be ready for you by the end of the week. I hope you like it!

If you are interested in a special custom order for you or a friend, leave me a comment or shoot me an email at ldlmiller@hotmail.com Let's talk about a personal creation for you . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment