A woman who works with her hands is a laborer;

A woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftsperson;

A woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an....

Artist.


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Before and After

Before . . .



 After . . .



And for all of you in those parts of the country that have had record high temperatures this summer. . .
I realize that you are ready for a break.
I understand that you want fall.
You are looking for changing leaves and cooler temperatures.
I understand.
My  heart and thoughts have gone out to you over the last few months as you have suffered.

But allow me a moment of selfishness.
In my part of the world - the Pacific Northwest. . .
we got a late start to summer.
A very late start.

It feels like summer has really only just began.
And I, for one, am not ready for the changing of the seasons quite yet.
I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that as of Thursday - it will be September.
It is time for schools supplies and shorter days and the return of crazy schedules.
I'm not ready.
I still want to think about beach trips and lazy afternoons in my hammock (not that I have got to do that as much as I would like . . .but you know what I mean.)

I promise - I will get on board before too long.
But allow me to enjoy the long days of summer just a bit longer please.



Thank you for indulging me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment