A woman who works with her hands is a laborer;

A woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftsperson;

A woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an....

Artist.


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Popcorn Popping . . .



My kids and I pay a game every once in a while.
They give me a word or a topic and I have to find a song to go with it.
I have about a 98% success rate.
Granted some of the "songs" are actually radio/television jingles - but I do a pretty good job.
I never have been able to come up with a song for the word "waterbottle"  -
but if you give me the word "popcorn" I will sing a song from my childhood.

"I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surpirse -
Popcorn popping right before my eyes."

It goes on from there - but you get the idea.
And what I saw the other day, as I walked to my car from my office where my day job is,
was a whole lot of "popcorn" -

On days like this, I am really grateful for my iPhone -
it has such a great camera on it!

And look at the sky in the photos - it's BLUE - with big, fluffy clouds.
After all of the gray and heavy rain that we have had,
I felt like my heart was going to "pop" just like the blossoms.
In fact - I fought an urge to skip to my car!

Ahhhhhhh . . .

And in the meantime - if you happen to know a song with the word "waterbottle" -
do share.
I would love to get to 100% on my challenge!

3 comments:

  1. I remember playing that game with you! Still working on that water bottle angle - maybe we'll have to write our own...."don't dawdle with your water bottle"??!! I have pink popcorn in my front yard and white in our mini-orchard.
    And blue skies!!! Finally! Love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Your blog posts have made me so very happy for your success. Congratulations on making it into 'Made in Oregon'! This post makes me happy because it reminds me of another one of your gifts...your ability to stop and appreciate the beauty before you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooops...I didn't realize I was logged onto Christopher's account! This is Trish, by the way!

    ReplyDelete