A woman who works with her hands is a laborer;

A woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftsperson;

A woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an....

Artist.


Friday, March 20, 2009

The Garden Gate


Laurie Miller Designs can now be found in Kalama, WA at The Garden Gate Gift and Florals. Check out the website: http://gardengatekalama.com/ The Garden Gate carries wonderful floral designs that are unique - these are not your average cookie cutter flower arrangements. And now if you are in the area, you can stop by and pick up a piece of art work. This is the first of hopefully many retail locations that you will be able to find my art!


Stay tuned also for some of my newest creations. I have such a desire to be "responsible" with my art. I want to create things that are positive and happy and bright, but I also want to make sure to practice what I preach to my kids and reduce, reuse, and recycle. With that in mind, I love to give new life to items that others are ready to cast off. That is the heart of my chairs and furniture pieces. And now I am taking it to another level. Flower vases, clocks, treasure/jewelry boxes - all new products I am adding to my line and all created with reclaimed items. You will have to stay tuned to see what I come up with. Check back in a few days to see the clocks -

I am also in the final stages of booking into our art sales and shows for the rest of the year. I am really excited about all of the great places I will be this year. Next month I will be showing at the Irvington Artists Market in NE Portland; in May I will be down on the Coast in Oceanside, OR just outside of Tillamook; this summer you will be able to see me at The Sandy Mountain Days, The Gresham Art Walk and The Mt. Hood Festival of Jazz. Later in the fall I will be traveling over to Sisters, OR for their Harvest Faire and then to Hood River for their Harvest Fest. And finally we will finish out the year in Seattle at the Phinney Winterfest again. Yes! It will be busy - but I am so excited to meet new people, share my work, and be a part of all the festivities. I'll keep you posted as each of the events get closer. In the meantime - go find something bright and colorful to lift your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment