A woman who works with her hands is a laborer;

A woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftsperson;

A woman who works with her hands, her head and her heart is an....

Artist.


Sunday, January 18, 2009

Doodlin'

When sitting and waiting or listening - start doodlin'. At least, that's my philosophy. Here is a picture of one of my latest drawings. Generally I don't know how these are going to turn out - or even what they are going to be. I begin with a "frame" around the perimeter of the paper and then build the picture inside. Once the main image is decided upon, the white space needs to be created. It's the little details that make it work. Eventually, if I really like the image, it will be converted to color on a canvas. Keep your eyes open for this one later . . .full of bright color.


No comments:

Post a Comment